Image via Pinterest
One of the easiest principles for homes decorating ideas is to utilize a focal point. A focal point can be any number of different items from artwork to fountains. Because this method is used so often, it is important that you find something truly unique to set your decor apart from the rest.
Here are a few ideas for choosing a focal point in your room designs:
- Create an imaginative fantasy wonderland with the help of a bookcase. Place one large aquarium in the center surrounded by coral and shells. A smaller bookcase can easily fit a few smaller well lit aquariums spaced throughout the space, then highlighted with photos, sand, shells, whatever you have to fit the theme.
- If you have an interesting collection, display it to your advantage. This is especially good if you have a variety of sizes to catch the interest of the viewer.
- Create an amazing collage of pictures you have of your family, friends, or activities.
- Find a truly unique piece, like a carousel horse or a hand-decorated piece of reclaimed furniture, and use that as a beautifully bohemian focal point.
The point is to make it personal and not limit yourself to commonplace items. Find more interesting ideas for your decor at any of Paul Michael Company’s four locations, and be sure to check out our Facebook page!
Image via Pinterest
If you are looking at your current home decor thinking it is time to update it or that it needs a little more vavoom, you should grab a few throw pillows to give your space a new look. Pillows are a great addition for the bedroom, study, family, or living room. These simple additions can breath life into a room with a little color, or add the subtle touch necessary to bring the room design together.
Throw pillows come in a huge variety of sizes, shapes, colors, patterns and textures, making them your best friend when decorating. They are also easy to mix-and-match or switch entirely when you want to give your whole room a new look without the investment of a complete redesign.
The addition of throw pillows can assist in bringing your color palette together. If the colors of your furniture, curtains, and accessories are mismatched, the confused color palette can make room feel broken up or even disorganized. By strategically placing a few throw pillows on the furniture with colors mirrored in the other parts of the space, the room will instantly transform into a cohesive design. If the colors of your room are a little bland, throw pillows can also add that energizing pop of color more quickly and cost-effectively than repainting or redesigning the space.
Want some more home decorating ideas? Visit The Paul Michael Company on Facebook or at any of our four locations to discover some great decorating tips and merchandise, sure to make your home a visual sensation.
Pull from the colors of your pillows to decided how to accent your coffee table
Decorating your home is not always easy. You glance around your living room and notice how you like the way everything looks, except the coffee table. You realize that’s the missing link. Check out these home decorating ideas to get you inspired to breath life onto your coffee table.
- Add a collection of items you treasure onto the coffee table. For example, display your children’s artwork or prints from your last vacation.
- Place a throw rug over the coffee table to add texture to an otherwise plain surface. The trick to making this look work is to choose exotic and unique pieces, such as a rug from Turkey or one that has African designs on it.
- Go for a natural design on the coffee table using sand, rocks and candles. Fill a glass bowl with tiny rocks, and place a decorative candle inside. Light it, and watch how the flickering light makes everything in the room glow.
Contact Paul Michael Co. to find out more information about how we can help enhance the beauty of your home. We have stores in multiple locations throughout Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas.
image via Paul Michael Co
Eclectic decor always features a conversation piece
Having a love for “eclectic” styles sometimes has a negative connotation. But when it comes to home decorating, eclectic can work wonders – if you know how to work it the right way.
An eclectic design style is great because it merges various elements together very well. Lots of items can easily make a room appear junk-filled. But when done strategically, your home will be one-of-a-kind — an eclectic masterpiece. Here are a few home decorating ideas you can try out to have an eclectic mix of items without a messy look.
- Home decorating ideas start with bold color. Tie your items together by finding a palette that works. If your items all tend to be green, blue, or yellow, try using these colors throughout the room to tie it together.
- If you prefer a dark color palette, use a bold rug in a matching tone to connect with items from around the room.
- Be sure the eye can rest. If your home is so busy that you can’t decide what to look at first, it could be a design problem. Make sure that you add a bold wall of color, or a large area rug that will be a resting point for the eye. This will help make the room look cohesive without being overwhelming.
The point is to not over do it. Extravagant and eclectic pieces are always a good idea, but too many of them will defeat the purpose.
For more design tips and ideas, visit the Paul Michael Company on Facebook!
image via Paul Michael Company