Get our your red, white and blue out because 4th of July is only a few days away! We wanted to get you in the Independence Day spirit with some inspiration for patriotic decor.
There’s lots of ways you can get creative with American flags, fabrics, flowers and decorative paper. Hang pinwheels and wreaths; create clever napkin holders; make your own unique centerpieces. Here are a few 4th of July spreads and decor we found from our favorite design publications to provide some inspiration.
Via Design Sponge
Via Martha Stewart
Via All You
Via Country Living
With a little creativity and plenty of supplies and holiday decor from Paul Michael Company, you can throw your friends and family and 4th of July celebration they’ll never forget! If you are a guest attending a gathering, don’t forget to bring the host something special!
Parade on over to the Paul Michael Company location nearest you. We have stores in Texas, Louisiana and two in Arkansas. We hope you have a festive holiday full of smiles and fireworks! Happy 4th of July!
With Paul Michael Company’s incredible sale, now is the perfect time to update your home.
Add those finishing touches to that room you’ve been working on. When redecorating your home on a budget, certain pieces will take priority over that conversation piece you really wanted, for example, a new couch versus that unique vintage movie projector you found while shopping at the Paul Michael Company location in Lake Village. But now, for a limited time only, you can spring for that unique find at a price that is simply a steal!
Once you’ve given your interiors some love, it’s time to give the outside of your home the attention it deserves, too. We’ve got a gorgeous selection of patio furniture, outdoor canvas, pots, fountains and more!
Hurry and head over to the Paul Michael Company store near you; we have locations in Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas. Although our annual summer sale will be running through July 8, the best finds won’t last long so it’s best to go earlier than later.
Photo by Nelson Wilson Interiors via Houzz
There’s nothing like a sale to celebrate the summer season. We began talking about this special event in our last post with some reasons why you won’t want to miss our annual summer sale. Now, we’re giving you three more reasons why you might want to take advantage of these bargains.
1. Are you throwing an event this summer? Surprisingly, renting products for events can end up being more expensive than buying them. Whether you are hosting a small dinner party for your newly engaged friend or helping to plan a full blown wedding, we’ve got the quality, quantity and price point on all the items you will need to achieve a beautiful event.
2. If you’re headed to college this fall or moving in to your first apartment, you’ll want to start shopping now. With a unique mix of everything from small space and storage solutions to unique decor, we have all the furnishings to help you make this space all your own.
3. It’s the peak of the garage sale season. Just like our wardrobes need a good edit every now and then, so do our homes. Get a group of your friends together and organize a group garage sale. Make it fun for you and your customers; think margarita stand instead of a lemonade stand! Then head over to Paul Michael Company and use the money you made to score new decor and design solutions at incredible prices.
Have we convinced you yet? We hope so! We want you to get the most out of these unbelievable deals, so head over to the Paul Michael Company store near you. We have locations in Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas.
1) Via Packaged Smiles
2) Via Holamama
3) By Tamar Schechner via Houzz
4) Via Martha Stewart
The waiting is over. Our annual summer sale at Paul Michael Company begins tomorrow June 27! Here are 5 reasons why you do not want to miss this special sale event.
1. A sale like this only happens twice a year! Everything in our stores will be discounted at least 25% and up to 75% of the original price.
2. It’s the perfect place to pick up a range of special occasion gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, weddings, Mother’s/Father’s Day, showers, etc. So by planning ahead, you’ll get all the great gifts you need at an incredible discount.
3. It’s a wonderful time to stock up on holiday decor such as work wreaths, ribbon, mesh and anything else you may want for entertaining during the holiday season and throughout the whole year.
4. Here’s your chance to go for that big ticket item you have been eyeing! Imagine getting 25 to 50% off beautiful rugs, mirrors, dining tables or chairs.
5. With our sale continuing through the 4th of July, you can show your patriotic pride by purchasing products made in the USA. During our sale you’ll get a fantastic deal on our one-of-a kind, quality furniture and assesories that are designed and manufactured exclusively by us right out of Dermott, Arkansas.
Top by Elad Gonen & Zeev Beechphoto via Houzz
The manager of the Paul Michael Company store in Monroe, Louisiana – Kate Roane – recently shared a wonderfully creative idea on our Facebook page for a charming DIY ribbon wreath. We loved it so much, we wanted to share it on our blog to make sure all of our customers and followers see it!
This decorative ribbon wreath is simply delightful and simple to make! Start with 5 to 8 different rolls of colorful ribbon, scissors and a circular object that you can recycle or repurpose into a wreath. Then, cut several 12- to 16-inch pieces of your ribbon and begin tying them around the working wreath. Straighten the tails of the different ribbon ties to go in opposite directions creating a fan effect. Fill the entire wreath; the more ribbon the merrier! Finally, add a personal touch by using wire to attach a fun welcome sign or piece of art.
What a fun and easy craft project and a wonderful way to greet guests this summer! Thanks Kate!
Show us your crafty side and post a photo of your own handmade ribbon wreath on the Paul Michael Company Facebook page. Don’t forget to “like” us while you are there to see our latest ideas and inspiration for home design and decor.
Imagine being able to keep your favorite bouquet of flowers in your home forever. Well now, you can! Today’s silk flowers are so realistic in appearance that it’s often hard to distinguish them from actual flowers, which is why they make such wonderful decor for interiors.
Instead of paying a professional to custom-make a silk arrangement, we recommend putting this money towards stunning silk blooms and trying to create your own. It can actually be an enjoyable process; and if you ever change your mind, you can simply rearrange them. From the experts at HGTV, here are some helpful tips for achieving a gorgeous silk flower bouquet that you can enjoy for years to come.
- Try to choose silk flowers, blooms and greenery with a variety of colors and textures.
- Aim for a bouquet that will be about 1½ times the width and height of the vase or container.
- When inserting silk flowers, start with the tallest ones first and create a fan shape.
- Secure any flowers that don’t seem sturdy with hot glue.
- Be sure your finished silk bouquet is not in direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- If any silk petals or leaves begin to fray on the edges, sear them with a match rather than cutting them.
- To dust your silk bouquet, use a hairdryer on a cool setting.
- If your bouquet begins to droop at all, use a clothes or iron steamer to revive it.
For more step-by-step instructions on how to create your silk flower bouquet, visit the HGTV how-to article online.
Hurry on over to one of the Paul Michael Company stores in Louisiana, Arkansas or Texas where we are running a special sale this weekend only for half off all silk blooms and glass flowers!
Top photo via Lorraine G. Vale via Houzz
Bottom photo via Paul Michael Company
After the huge shipment of gorgeous planter pots and containers we received here at Paul Michael Company, we’ve all been sharing ideas on how to achieve cool decorative container gardens this summer. The beauty of the container garden is that you don’t have to have a green thumb to create something beautiful! Here are some eye-catching container garden arrangements that you can easily re-create for your own home:
An arrangement of succulents can make an interesting planting. Planting succulents in a warm colored planter really makes their bright green color pop, too.
Adding height with a small ornamental tree can add a touch of drama. Don’t forget to think about scale when you select plantings and pots.
Better Homes and Gardens
Containers are a perfect way to add some color to the garden or the entrance to your home. Even when your perennials aren’t in bloom the flowers in your pots will be! These tall slender pots can handle a myriad of flowers.
Image via Tundra Monkey
Sometimes more is merrier – group a variety of pots in different sizes and colors with vibrant flowers together for an intriguing and eclectic arrangement.
Photo via Ehow
If you are looking for more floral inspiration we recommend an open house tour at P. Allen Smith. This beautiful Arkansas farm has stunning terraced gardens as well as vegetable and rose gardens that are a quite the treat to experience. Make a day of it and enjoy this Arkansas treasure before heading over to the Paul Michael Company stores in Lake Village, Arkansas to pick out your new flower containers.